- This event has passed.
September Meeting – Māori Language & Culture For Business
September 17 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 amFree – $30
- 09:00am – Coffee, networking, chance to display items
- 09:30am – Welcome
- 09:40am – Speaker session – Māori Language & Culture For Business
- 10:20am – 20-second introductions
- 10:40am – Updates
- 11:00am – More coffee and networking
MĀORI LANGUAGE & CULTURE FOR BUSINESS
- Encouraging diversity and inclusiveness, and the importance of this in business
- What and how we can incorporate te reo Māori and tikanga into workplaces/businesses
- Understanding what greetings are appropriate, and when to use them
SPEAKER: Ranei Wineera-Parai
Executive Cultural Advisor of New Zealand Health Group
Ranei brings over 20 years of experience working in primary healthcare and supporting cross-government agency service delivery improvements to address equity and works to ensure the Māori world view is visible and heard within the health sector.
Outside of her role at New Zealand Health Group, Ranei also participates in several governance groups, including Mana College Board of Trustees (Chair), Whitireia, WelTec and Partners Porirua Boards, Porirua Foundation, Te Pae Eastern Porirua Regeneration Panel Chair, Youth2Work Chair and President of the Maori Women’s Welfare League Ngati Toa branch.